Last April, Chicago Bulls superstar guard Derrick Rose suffered a devastating ACL tear in his knee in the NBA playoffs. The injury caused Rose to miss the rest of the 2012 NBA playoffs and also the entire 2012-2013 NBA season. Currently, his team the Chicago Bulls are in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs and has a 1-0 lead in their best of seven series against the Miami Heat. Rose who was cleared to play by doctors before the end of the regular season has yet to play and it is unsure when and if he will play at all this season. Everyone seems to have an opinion on when Rose should return. The majority of people have even questioned his toughness because he has not returned yet. While I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I will ask you this: Do you personally know how his knee feels and what his comfort level is with making the basketball moves he is accustomed too? You see everyone is quick to compare his knee injury with other players who have had similar injuries. However, the truth is that no two injuries and no two people are exactly alike.
I have read numerous articles stating that Derrick Rose looks healthy in his individual and team workouts. But again the truth is that only Rose will know when he is physically and mentally able to return. To question his toughness is just absurd! He is a very unique player who utilizes some of the most explosive maneuvers that basketball has ever seen. When he is ready he will return. In the meantime, stop judging people you do not know and imagine how bad he feels watching his teammates lay it on the line day in and day out while others just judge and question his toughness.
Please let me know if you have any requests for plays, drills, defenses, etc…
You can email me at email@example.com
- A fan rant in defense of Derrick Rose (poorscholars.com)
- Joakim Noah Tells Derrick Rose Critics to Shut Up (slamonline.com)
- Report: Derrick Rose out for Game 1, status for series still “up in the air” (tracking.si.com)
- Derrick Rose Has Reportedly Decided to Sit Out the Remainder of the Playoffs (slamonline.com)
- Report: Derrick Rose Will Not Return This Season (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- An Idiot Is Reportedly Suing Derrick Rose, Because The Idiot Got Fat, Because He Was Sad That Derrick Rose Is Hurt (sportsgrid.com)
- The Derrick Rose Manifesto (myblogstitle.wordpress.com)
- Derrick Rose Injury Update: ‘Chance’ He Might Play Against Miami Heat In 2nd Round Of NBA Playoffs (hngn.com)
- Should Derrick Rose Suck It Up And Play Against The Miami Heat? [POLL] (1045theteam.com)
- Derrick Rose Doesn’t Deserve the Criticism from Chicago (bleacherreport.com)